Monday, November 6, 2017

My iPad Pro Setup - Using an iPad Pro as a Laptop - Ep. 1

alright guys so this is my experimentthis is a little different format than I normally do this is just kind of anintro to an experiment that I'm gonna be doing over the next few days and bythese boxes you may it guess what it is I'm looking to see if I can use an iPadpro as a replacement for my laptop so what are some of the things I do on mylaptop I do video editing use office tools do some basic photo editing andlike GIMP and I also stream games to my laptop from my gaming computer so I dida little bit of research and found out that you can do a lot of those thingswith the iPad pro iOS 11 in split screen you have somemultitasking capabilities so I got the iPad pro I got the 12.

9"because I figured the 10.

5" would be a little bit too small for what I wantto do I didn't like the Apple keyboard case so I got the Logitech slim combokeyboard case the Apple Lightning to SD card reader so I could both videos from my camera andthen I got the SteelSeries Nimbus controller for some gaming so the gamingI want to do is some of the games that are on the iPad Pro obviously but I want tostream from my computer there's an application called moonlight that let'suse the Nvidia gamestream to stream applications to your device they have itfor iOS so I'm gonna try that I did not get the pen because really the stuffthat I do I wouldn't really have any need for the pen for the video editingI'm gonna use a luma fusion that is a professional video editing software andthe image editing you know there's some really professional stuff like affinityI'm not gonna spring for that that's 20 bucks and it's a little more advancedand the stuff that I would typically do honestly so I'm gonna look for a cheaperoption but I'm gonna put it all together show you what my setup looks like I'mnot going to go too much into the apps at this point because I want to use themfor a little while this is just kind of an intro to this test that I'm doing solet me get this all put together and I'll show you what it looks like I'llset up all right so everything set up and I'm just gonna give you a quick lookat what everything looks like I'm not gonna go into a full review yet but justa quick overview so first let's talk about this Logitech keyboard case so thefirst reason I went with this one over the Apple provided one is the keyboarditself it's a much better keyboard on this one it's much more comfortable totype on the key travels much better and it's better for long typing sessions allthe hotkeys at the top work just fine for controlling things like the screenbrightness the sound home button is on there so you can get right to the homescreen and it's backlit those are all options that I really really like onthis version the next thing is the kickstand this kickstand is greatbecause it lets you put the tablet completely flat almost upright oranywhere in between next is the SteelSeries Nimbus and thisis a xbox style controller you know it's got a l1 l2 the XY a B all the buttonsthat you would expect on a controller I'm hoping to use this with some gamesin iOS and also with the moonlight streaming from my desktop that's aboutit right now I just have the basic install of iOS 11 I just upgraded theiPad pro to that latest version and I'm gonna play with it and then do a videocoming up very soon if you're interested in that please hit that subscribe buttonand then hit the bell next to it it'll notify you when I put one of thosevideos up I'll create a playlist as well thanks so much for watching guys I willsee you in the next video come see me on Instagram Twitter and Facebook I lovemeeting new people on there and chatting with them and I will see you guys in thenext video thanks so much.

Source: Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment