Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Nothing But A Canon Rebel T3i (600D)+Kit lenses = better photos than most photographers: RF Critique

Jared Polin, froknowsphoto.

Com.

And welcome to another AdoramaPIX Rapid FireCritique where I take your best 10 images and give it a critique [Indiscernible] [00:00:13]and if you would like to submit your best 10, go over to the website, look for the linkthat says submit your critiques or something like that.

It’s there.

So, go ahead and do it.

But remember I can’t critique everybody’sstuff, because I get so many send in, but I will try to do my best.

Before we jump into that, why don’t yourcritique along with me by leaving comments with what you think about the images as welland how you would critique them? You could also post your links down belowon YouTube or on Facebook if you would like.

But don’t forget the like it, share it andsubscribe.

So, let’s go into these images from JamesSmith.

James Smith is shooting with a Canon Rebel600D, which I had to look up.

That is a T3i.

So, it’s shot at F9 23 mm 3 seconds.

So, again T3i, we are going back a coupleof years.

Also remember that it’s not the camera thatmakes the photographer.

It’s the photographer that makes the camera.

A camera does have the ability to help youget better results if you know what you are doing.

This is a very nice shot.

I’m happy with what’s going on here fora firework shot.

It’s a very nice exposure.

Not the easiest thing – actually it’spretty easy to shoot fireworks.

I put out those videos before.

But this is a nice execution of it.

I like that it’s not – the shutter isnot open too long that everything just fades away.

A very nice shot, nice job.

Moving on to the next one.

This one I’m lost with just a little bit.

Shot with a 70-300 F4 to 56 USM.

Again it’s like the – if that’s thesun or is it a fire.

The sun is going down or is it a fire? I don’t know.

It’s making me think.

I like images that make me think.

It’s a nice – why can’t I think of theword silhouette.

Silhouette is the word.

Spell that down below, S-I-L- it’s likespelling, it’s like spelling vignette, vignette or whatever, I can’t spell.

So, this image is all right.

I just don’t even know where it’s focusedright here.

It’s okay.

I do like the bokeh.

I like the autofocus stuff and I like thatit made me think a little bit.

But that’s that.

Same thing 600D, shot with a 75-300 F4 to5.

6 at F9.

So, in the bright daylight ISO 100, you couldactually shoot a little higher than that.

But, oh, yeah, one 320th of a second.

So, what they are doing here, now this isgreat.

What’s awesome about this, I shot aviationonly two or three times.

Now, I had my aviation buddy who does thatfor a profession.

Teach me.

Give me some tips and give me some pointsto what makes a great aviation photo.

And they always say that you want the propeller.

If the prop is solid that means that anybodycan freeze it.

Now, when you are shooting fighter jets, youcan shoot faster exposures, faster shutter speeds, because they don’t have props onthem and you won’t see it.

But they say seeing the propeller makes itlook like the plane is moving opposed to where it’s just [Indiscernible] [00:03:02] motionbecause the thing is not doing anything.

So, very nice job doing that great composition.

I would like to see a little more contrastthrown into this.

That’s my personal style.

But I think the image would pop more.

And this again is showing you that it doesn’tmatter what gear you had.

This is a Rebel T3i.

It’s an older camera.

It doesn’t matter.

It’s a kit lens 75-300.

It’s a basic lens.

But because the photographer is getting theexposure right, getting the composition right, and getting – I mean, look, they got thepropeller, that’s what you look for, this is an A1 winning [Indiscernible] [00:03:33]shot.

So, nice job there.

Give me more contrast and I’m going to bemuch happier when I see that.

So, but nice job on that pass.

This is good too.

You can do much about having this annoyingbuilding in the background.

What did you shoot this one with? 70-300, so a little different than the otherone.

The other one was 75-300, right? Yeah, I didn’t want to see things.

But this is cool if you could get a littletighter.

That would help.

It’s shot at 135.

I would want to fill the frame more to getrid of the distraction background of this building.

But nice job on a panning shot.

I love how perfectly you’ve done this panningshot.

You’ve got sharpness here.

Then you start to get some more motion upin the front, the exposure F14, 180th of a second, great job.

Fantastic job on panning the image.

Awesome! You can do it with anything.

So, I forgot what they call this when youare focused in on the one jet and the other jet goes by and it’s not in focus, blah,blah, because of something at some focusing thing.

The very nice capture getting them right here,I like it.

Same thing, 70-300 F4, 1500th of a second,a little faster, yeah, with fighter jets like this, you could shoot it much faster ISOs,sorry, faster shutter speeds, because you don’t have to worry so much about the propellerbecause there is none.

Is it distracting that this one is out offocus? I think so.

I may have considered focusing on this.

But I know that it’s difficult when twoitems are converging.

Two planes are converging on each other andyou got to focus on one of them and one of them is not going to be sharp.

I may have chosen the one that is closer tome.

But maybe there is a reason to choose theother one.

I am just not sure.

Again, a very nice panning shot.

I would like to see the car a little furtherback here.

It’s a little too far forward for me.

That’s nitpicking.

Awesome panning shot though.

Very nice job.

Fighter jet, so these two old bombers, reallygood.

I would like to see more contrast again personally.

Bump the exposure up slightly.

Hit that contrast.

Hit that clarity.

And I think this image would pop even more.

Very nice job getting both planes in there.

They both look to be pretty closer and focused[Indiscernible] [00:05:41] 10 1320th of a second, getting propeller you can see thatthat works.

If you could try to go slow with your shutterspeed, you are going to end up getting motion blur of the plane and that may end up notbeing so good.

You want to get the prop, but you want theplanes still be sharp.

Nice job here right there.

Then the plane on the ground, you got someof the heat rippling going on here.

Look at that fighter jet back there.

That’s pretty cool.

So, royal air force jet, that’s an interestinglooking plane.

Look at the cockpit.

It looks like two-seater.

It’s fine.

Plane on the ground.

It looks like it’s getting ready to takeoff for taxi or land or probably it just took off for – it’s about to – it’s justland that is going to take, I don’t know what it is.

But anyway you can see all the heat wash lookspretty cool.

So, that’s all right.

Nothing special.

And then we got birds.

So, it doesn’t really match.

I guess they are birds.

The other ones are airplanes.

Very similar.

They both fly.

It’s perfectly fine, looks good.

I’m curious to see are they shooting throughthe fence or are they inside the enclosure? Nonetheless, it’s good.

But a lot of F9 shooting, I find to be veryinteresting.

Oh, 150-600 F/6.

3 lens.

What were they using this time? 150-600, 150-600, yeah, that’s a kickasslittle lens.

That’s the sigma I believe.

It’s a very good lens for getting stuffat a distance, from a distance.

Nice job, James.

That photo looks good.

And then this is the last photo.

I don’t know what type of aircraft thisis.

It looks like the flaps are down, so theymay be going into some kind of, I don’t know what I am talking about.

I don’t know anything about aero planesor fighter jets but it does look like it’s going into some kind of thing, because theflaps are flappied.

I wish there was a description of what itwas.

Aircraft vehicle outdoor airplane, well, thatdoesn’t help me very much.

But I like the shot.

I mean I love that the afterburners are onand I like that.

I still would like to see the traditionalshot, which I am sure you got.

But exposure, tones, everything about it reallygood.

Nice with the 150 shot at 347 mm, that’sa really good lens for outdoor stuff just like that and this is very good rapid – lookat what it was shot with.

Same lens, same camera.

Now, they moved up to the 70D here.

So, it looks like they upgraded to the 70D.

Awesome! Good little progression.

That’s an awesome set.

I really like seeing this, because looking– this is where – knowing what the gear is, it comes in handy because it helps meunderstand the progression of a photographer, because if I’m looking at somebody shootingwith a 1DX Mark II and all the best gear they are getting crappy results, I’m going tolay into them a lot harsher than I am going to land to lay into somebody with a T3i andthe basic stuff who is getting great results, because I know that you have to rip on somebodywho has a 1DX Mark II and quality glass but get shitty results, because they are not agood photographer.

I like seeing the T3i, the kit lenses andI love seeing the panning shots and the propeller that this photographer is doing everythingextremely well and growing.

That’s the point.

You start with something and it’s not thecamera that gets good results.

It’s you that helps the camera get thoseresults.

Remember that always and forever.

Always and forever.

Yeah, I know my singing sucks.

I get it.

But they made the progression to the 70D.

Cool.

Give me your feedback below.

What’s your critique on this photographer? Give a thumbs-up.

Give a share.

Don’t forget to subscribe.

Check out all the other videos that we’vebeen creating for the Rapid Fire Critiques and don’t forget.

You can click down below to go over to thewebsite.

There is a link waiting for you to submityour best 10 images and remember I get thousands of them submitted.

I can only do so many, but I will do my bestto get to as many as possible.

Thank you very much for watching Jared Polin,froknowsphoto.

Com.

See you.

Source: Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment